AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been planning on getting the Sony 42A10 RPLCD model for a few months now but im again starting to second guess myself. The KP-46WT520 RPCRT price is getting so low I am starting to think about going with it. My only concern is the calibration of this set. I have heard that RP CRT's take alot of work to calibrate correctly and i dont want to have to shell out hundreds of dollars more to get it perfect. So my question is if i used DVE or AVIA would I be able to get it to respectable conditions or not. Also for those of you that have RP CRT sets are you happy with the performance with all material such as SD, HD, DVD's, and especially video games. Thanks

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
Hell no!! Avia or VE will not cover 1% of what needs to be done to a CRT RPTV to make them shine, so it's either do the calibration yourself(which takes years of experience to get done right)

or pay around 500$ for a calibrator to visit you

-Gary

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
The Sony's are usually pretty good OOTB in Pro mode. Any CRT set will need a careful convergence to look good. However, if you plan on playing a lot of video games, I would go with the LCD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.