AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking for opinions on what would be the best for watching TV (DirecTIVO) and DVDs..... Rear projection HDTV or a Projector?

I would really like a projector, since they are so portable and are more compatible with computers (I would like to have a HTPC). But I am wondering how practical it would be for watching standard TV.

Would a RP-HDTV be better for watching TV?

I have DSCALER and would love to hook up a HTPC to either a RPTV or PJ.

Suggestions/Comments? Anyone use a PJ for watching TV? How's the wife factor?

Thanks!

Graeme

·
Banned
8,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by boomertsfx
I was just looking for opinions on what would be the best for watching TV (DirecTIVO) and DVDs..... Rear projection HDTV or a Projector?

I would really like a projector, since they are so portable and are more compatible with computers (I would like to have a HTPC). But I am wondering how practical it would be for watching standard TV.

Would a RP-HDTV be better for watching TV?

I have DSCALER and would love to hook up a HTPC to either a RPTV or PJ.

Suggestions/Comments? Anyone use a PJ for watching TV? How's the wife factor?

Thanks!

Graeme
I wish I had room large enough for a front projector, so if you have the space go with front projection. Make sure you have a room that can get really dark.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I have a 56" RPTV and now a 96" wide FP.

FP wins in my book hands down! I've had it for 5 months and I still can't get over watching such a big picture!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and you like the FP for watching TV as well? Does the room always have to be totally dark? Is a RPTV better for higher-light situations or could a FP do just as well?

-G

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.