AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Replay 2000. I am just trying to use it again after it sitting in the garage for 4 years. I am getting a "unauthorized connection" message when it connects. I tried tech support, and they gave me the 800 number to use, but I still get connection unauthorized. They suggested a 777+replay zones reset, but all I get is the replay zones screen when I try to use it. I've tried it in the menu area, and on live TV. I know the remote is OK, because a 411+replay zones works fine, and a 243+replay zones also works. Here is the top two lines of my 411 screen:

ReplayTV - Sutter SAA7201 - Release Sutter Build - 178 (7-27-99)

_version 178 built on July 27 1999

ROM 511 - Release - FPGA 3.2 - Scenix Versio 19 - Release

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Keen

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
That is a familiar problem. The operating system and EPROM chip programming must be updated. Once completed the recorder will be fully functional again. I'd be more than happy to help you with both. The charge would be $75.

Here is a link from someone with the same problem
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...86#post1749386

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mikeyboy,

Thanks for the advice. I have now seen other posts relating to this problem. Can you just do the EPROM for me for less $$$? I think I can handle the hard drive software update myself, if I'm reading the posts on this board correctly.

Thanks,

Keen

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
I'm sorry that was the price for suppling a programmed EPROM for your recorder. The disk image help was free. Email me if I can be of service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.