Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has any experience using this setup:

Panny RP56 to viewsonic vb50 to audio authority/key digital transcoder to panny ae100...

I've heard that this is almost as good as using an iScan....

(and if this is so, which transcoder is better? aa or kd?)

Thanks....

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
You don't need the vb50 for the RP56. The RP56 goes component into the transcoder then VGA to the AE100. I have the AA and it works fine.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
That would not work even if you did hook it up that way, since the VB50 won't do component out. You would just hook that right up to AE100.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Vb50 will pass component too if you use component to female VGA into VB50's VGA passthrough. This is how I pass my component STB DVD player into VB50's bypass VGA and then switch back and forth between DVD and VHS/TV using VB50's remote control. This is only good for PJ that accepts both component and RGB through the same VGA port like a lot of the business class PJ (NEC LT15*, VT540, Sony VPL-CS*, or VPL-CX* series to name a few). My setup won't work for AE100 since its VGA port only accepts RGB. SteveOwens setup sounds perfect for your situation. I only mentioned my setup to show that VB50's VGA port will pass component (interlaced or progressive) or RGB signals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.