AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few questions that have been floating in the back of my mind about connecting the RP56 to a LEEZA via SDI.

1. Does the Progressive Scan button make any difference in SDI? I do not see any changes to the picture when I turn it on or off.

2. Every now and then (rarely) I get a very thin bright green line that shoots across the screen horizontally. It occurs in many different locations, sometimes towards the top, sometimes the bottom. Now that I think about it - I can only remember it occuring whent he LEEZA is in 4:3 mode. This may be a coincidence. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
636 Posts
I don't know about anyone else but I don't get a picture when the progressive button is on with my Leeza. I don't get the green line either.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
The progressive button makes no difference in my rig and it seems to me that that is correct, since the sdi mod extracts the digital info directly from the mpeg chip before it is processed by any de-interlacer.

And no, I haven't seen any green lines. Maybe a bad sdi cable (although I thought that bad sdi cables generally yielded a bit of snow or 'salt' rather than green lines.

·
Premium Member
8,099 Posts
Detrah,

1. SDI is hooked to the source of the progressive chip, so enabling or disabling the chip is meaningless as the SDI stream continues to work.

2. Green flashes can be a result of bad grounding, a loose cable or problems with the connection. I don't believe the 4:3 mode has anything to do with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.