AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I have the opportunity to buy a used Panasonic RP62 in silver. He's asking $100 for it. I asked him for the serial number and build date and he said there was no "B" in the serial number and the build date was August 2002. Does this possibly have the Sage/Farouja chip?

I've been looking for a great price on the RP82, but can't seem to find it anywhere. I currently have the new Panasonic S35 (my 1st DVD player), but can't decide if I should return it for this used RP62.

Could some of you give me some advice? What would you do, keep S35 or jump on this used RP62?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by olivher
Hi everyone. I have the opportunity to buy a used Panasonic RP62 in silver. He's asking $100 for it. I asked him for the serial number and build date and he said there was no "B" in the serial number and the build date was August 2002. Does this possibly have the Sage/Farouja chip?
The "K" is the black model. The "S" in the sliver model. It should have the Farouja chip.

Quote:

I've been looking for a great price on the RP82, but can't seem to find it anywhere. I currently have the new Panasonic S35 (my 1st DVD player), but can't decide if I should return it for this used RP62.

Could some of you give me some advice? What would you do, keep S35 or jump on this used RP62?
I would get the RP62 instead of the S35 because of the Faroudja chip in the 62. However, IMO, $100 for a used RP62 is way too expensive, considering that new ones can easily be found on the web at the same price point. ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I picked up a new RP62K at Tweeter this week for $100.

It was that store's last new one, there was still the display model. There are probably a few to be found at their other stores. Ultimate Electronics is still asking $152 for them, but their stock is nearly depleted as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also picked up a RP62 at Tweeter for 100 bucks without a B in the serial number. It was the last one they had sealed in a Box, but they had a display one if you want one and you are close to Chicago.

I'm happy with it so far

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
I just picked up a silver RP62 without a "B" in the serial number, and a manufactured date of May 2002.

I took the cover off and do not see any chips resembling the Sage/Faroudja/FLI2200 on the daughter card. Where is it hiding ?

- Andy

·
Registered
931 Posts
underneath

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.