AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have found an open box RP62 for around $100 and a new CP72 for $245. The 62 does not have the letter B in the serial number. Any opinions please?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Until they just sold out last week, Crutchfield had the CP72 for $200. I think the RP62 for $100 sounds like a better value even though people here say the CP72 should have slightly better video.

I just got a CP72 on Friday and think it's a great changer if you're looking for features. I think like any 5 disc carousel it is more prone to have a mechanical failure at some point than the single disc models.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I picked up an RP62 last week (no "B" either) along with an optical cable for around $170. Where I got my RP62 (Fry's), they also had some CP72's, that if purchased came with a $30 rebate from Panasonic that would have dropped the price to ~$170. Not a bad deal less the optical cable. I had no desire to get a 5 Wisc changer as I generally don't marathon watch DVD's and if I do, I don't mind putting in a new disk on my way to grab some vanilla coke. I second the potential for mechanical failure of the changer, but have not seen a Panasonic model with poor build quality in at least the last four years. (I have a DVD-A120U, a perfect TH-42PW5, and a TU-DST52 tuner, and now an RP62K)

I hear the CP72 has a slightly better picture, but I'm not splitting hairs over it as my eye is not that good. Frankly I'd say its up to you which one you prefer. Can't say I'm impressed with the remote compared to my Plasma and old DVD. THe buttons are much smaller and packed in on the new remote design.

It's amazing that the remote for my DVD-A120U is the same base casing as my new plasma display. The display just has less buttons. I wonder why they changed mid stream and returned to the old remote design....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.