AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up an open box rp62 from best buy for $80 including a 4 year service plan. A couple questions tho. First, the serial number on the back does not contain any B's and it says manufactored september 2002. Does this have the faroudja chip? Also what settings (I.E. cinema, auto 1?etc.) should it be on for best picture? Was this a good purchase? Will it go well with the Panasonic 47WX42 I'm getting next week? Thanks so much!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so it was a good purchase?

also what settings should it be on regarding cinema 1 or 2 etc.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
darker, auto1, cinema2 are my settings. I agree that your RP62 has Faroudja inside but the best way to find out is pop that hood, flip that 4"X4" circuit board, and put the question to rest. It takes 2-5 minutes depending on your expertise. $80 is a great price for this player. It should do well with your new TV at 480p (make sure you push that button in the front to enable progressive and set the menu to do component 480p.

·
Registered
218 Posts
It's great to read positive comments from fellow RP62 owners as I have read a few negative posts in the past.

I own five DVD players (gaming systems not included)and all are in use with various set ups in my home. I run the RP62 in the theater with my Hitachi 5500 and it puts out a great picture. I recently hooked up my expensive H/K DVD 50 with my projector and it was not even close, the RP62 BLOWS IT AWAY!

I purchased the RP62 with not much thought as it was intended as part of my temp set up until I build out the theater. However. after many hours of use I am impressed with this little unit.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I found an RP62 two weeks ago at the local "Great Indoors" store here in Houston. It was the last one they had, floor model, however, it had never been hooked up, as all of the cables, remote, etc. were still unopened in the box. It has an April 2002 manufacture date, so I feel fairly sure it has the Faroujda chip in it.

Anyway, paid $90, with a no-question 90-day return option. I have the unit hooked up to my X1 via 50 foot SVGA, and I like it. The picture if slightly "crisper" than that from my old NP Toshiba. Anyway, I've played with it a bit, but have a question.

How do you set the Auto 1 setting? I have the others set, but I don't see the other. I apologize for such a basic question, but would appreciate any hints you might give me.

Thanks alot.

Trey

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi

You have to use the display button on the remote. Please refer the page 14 of the man page http://images.amazon.com/media/i3d/0...L000006209.pdf

btw, I picked up a floor model RP62 from 6th ave electronics for $70 last weekend !! This player was dated April 2002, So, I think it has DCDi using Froudja chip. The PQ is excellent !!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry, i meant page 15 of the man page

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.