Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. Before everyone groans at this "jeez--not another Panasonic

DVD player question" if some of the more experienced members could indulge me for a moment.

I DO NOT have an HDTV, I have a SONY WEGA 27" TV. I also have a CP72, and I was wondering if the RP62's picture quality is as good as the CP72 for INTERLACED viewing--I do not need the Feroudja (sp?) chip since i will not be using progressive scan, and was thinking of returning the 72.

I realize that Panasonic has slipped their all-in-one chip into the new RP62's which normally wouldn't matter since I don't use progressive scan but still the older 62's do have a different MPEG decoder.

So...is the picture quality the same?

I did a search on RP62 and there was just too many threads. Thanks everyone for your responses :)

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
CP72 has a better MPEG decoder so therefore should be marginally better in interlaced mode (I doubt you'll notice on a 27" TV). CP72 being a changer may be more prone to mechanical breakdown, slower load time, noiser drive/changer mechanism. Its advantage is it's a changer and has a better MPEG decoder and DVD-audio.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin L K
Thanks Huey :)

Anyone else compared the two strictly for picture quality? Thanks.
I have, for both interlaced and progressive output. The improved mpeg decoder in the CP72 really makes a difference in picture quality, even on a small interlaced set. If the money difference isn't a factor, get the CP72 (plus you get the decoder and DVD-A).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.