AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, if this is the wrong place to post this, but would really appreciate some help from an RP82 owner.

I just set up my HT1000 with a new RP82 but there is no black level contol for me to choose lighter or darker?? The setting screen for VIDEO goes from Still Mode to NTSC Disc output, there is not Black Level Control!! Can anyone help me out here pls!!

Also where can I set the player to AUTO1? THe only way is for me to press DISPLAY twice to get picture menu, is there any other way?

Thanks.

·
Registered
813 Posts
HJZ,

There is a setup button in the remote, it will take you to a menu to define various system settings such as aspect ratio and audio output. In the Video tab you will find the control you are looking for.

BTW, next time try the "DVD hardware forum".

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sergio, it's not there on the video tab, the options are ASPECT, PROG OU ENABLED OR NOT, STILL MODE, NTSC DISC OUTPUT, there is NOT BLACK LEVEL CONTROL!!

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Press the set up button when a DVD IS NOT PLAYING and it will take you to the setup menu. Under Video, I believe you will find a menu for black level where you can choose lighter or darker.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I could have sworn that was the location (then again it could have been my other DVD, the RP56), but I'll check later today and post my findings.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Yeah, I just double checked and it is there under the set up menu, the second tab, the Video tab there are four selections.

1. TV Aspect

2. Progressive Out

3. Still Mode

4. Black Level Control

...Are you sure you have an RP82 :confused:

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
Since the RP82 is new for you. Also after you've checked progressive out enabled make sure you hit the progressive button on the front of the player.

Choose Lighter when you're running progressive and Darker if you run interlaced.

You find it yet?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Quote:
Choose Lighter when you're running progressive and Darker if you run interlaced.
Just out of curiosity, why do you recommend this?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Quote:
That should be the other way around actually. Why? Because all other NTSC video sources will have a 7.5IRE set-up level for black, which matches the 'Lighter' setting on the DVD player.

If you're using S-Video and set the DVD player to 'Darker', then you calibrate the TV with AVIA, etc., your DVD video will look fine, but using that same Brightness control setting on other NTSC sources will be too dark.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok, on my player there is NO black level control.

There is:

TV ASPECT

PROGRESSIVE OUT

STILL MODE

NTSC DISC OUTPUT

on the manual it says black level contol is for USA & CANADA and NTSC DISC OUTPUT is for ASIA.

I am in Hong Kong,

It seems the Asian RP82 is different is this respect,

How does it effect me that I cannot set the Black Level Control?

Is my RP82 producing an inferior picture?

·
Registered
JVC RS500U, 2.35:1 125" screen, Marantz AV7705, 11.2 Def Tech speakers, Sunfire Theater Grand 400x7
3,093 Posts
Try Cinema1, Auto1, and 480p via the third Display menu.

·
Registered
190 Posts
what's optimal for the HT1000, cinema1 or normal?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.