AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm using the RP91 as my transport via the coax. out. It is set for 96khz for PCM, yet when I play a 24/96 DAD through my Lex. MC12, it displays the sampling rate as 48khz so I don't think I'm getting true 96khz playback. I realize the problem might be with the MC12, but does anyone out there have experience playing 24/96 discs w/the RP91? Has it worked for you?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
CKNA, what about DVD-Audio via the multichannel outputs? I was playing the Blue Man Group DVD-Audio & it shows "Downmix" on the LCD panel.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Because it is copy protected. The only DVD Audio title I ever saw output 96 Khz is YES sampler that comes with JVC DVD Audio players. On the other hand most DAD discs (DVD Video with 96khz track) do not have copy protection so RP91 will output 96Khz.

Downmix usually means that it is downmixed for digital output or to 2 analog channels. You always get full resolution on six channel analog output.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rblnr
I'm using the RP91 as my transport via the coax. out. It is set for 96khz for PCM, yet when I play a 24/96 DAD through my Lex. MC12, it displays the sampling rate as 48khz so I don't think I'm getting true 96khz playback. I realize the problem might be with the MC12, but does anyone out there have experience playing 24/96 discs w/the RP91? Has it worked for you?
I am using both an RP91 and MC-12, and getting full 96kHz on the MC-12 display.

Have you enabled full resolution output in the RP91 setup menu (it's set to downmix by default).

Cheers,

Philip Brandes

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies.

I've enabled full rez. if by that you mean choosing 'off' on PCM downconversion on the RP91. Hitting 'display' yields a window indicating LPCM 24/96 -- so I'm fairly certain the RP91 is outputting the correct sampling rate. Also, I tried another transport that can output 96khz, and still couldn't get the Lex. to play it properly. BTW, I'm using some Chesky DAD's which I don't believe are copy-protected.

Thus, I think the issue is with the Lexicon. On regular CD's, the sample rate is display at 44.1 which I would expect. The DAD I'm using displays at 48, so the MC12 is responding somewhat differently. As I'm just learning the Lex., is there some setting I'm missing? Any other ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have spoken to Lexicon a few times now -- they think the problem is w/my RP91, that although I have PCM downconversion set to 'No', it is still not outputting a 96khz signal.

-- Does anyone have a notion on how to check/confirm the sampling rate the RP91 is outputting?

-- Does anyone know where I can get/download a new RP91 instruction manual as I've lost mine. It doesn't appear to be available on Panasonic's website.

Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.