AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the RP91 will play DVD-RAM discs, and that most existing DVD players will play DVD+RW (i.e. the HP/Dell supported format). Does anyone know whether the RP91 will play DVD+RW discs? I called Panasonic, and they were laughably inept. (Although it wasn't as much as when I tried to find out if their 36" HDTV supported 720p; that was really funny).

Drew

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
I would not put too much faith in that website. It is owned by Philips so they will put almost every player on there. The only way to verify is to try it yourself.

Panasonic would not know about DVD+RW because it is not a format supported by DVD consortium so they do not have to make anything play DVD+RW. DVD consortium formats are DVD-R, DVD-RW and DVD-RAM only!

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
DVD-R works perfect in RP-91. It also plays DVD-RAM discs. As far as DVD-RW, I do not know yet because I have no disc to check it with.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CKNA--

I'm guessing it doesn't play DVD-RW (although I don't know that).

Do you know from personal experience that it will play DVD-R discs(i.e. have you tried it)? I only ask because Panasonic says it won't. Of course, they are usually incredibly unhelpful.

Drew

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just called Panasonic again. They now saw that it doesn't play DVD-RW, nor does it play most DVD-R disks. Now am I really confused.

Drew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.