AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after a year of problem-free performance, my RP91 seems to have taken a major dump. Right in the middle of Ice Age, the picture went balnk, the sound stopped, and the time display paused. It started up again momentarily and then shut completely off. I could repower it a couple times only to have it shut down in a few seconds, but then there was no response from the fornt buttons; just dead. I unplugged it for a bit. Then I was able to repower it long enough to get the DVD out.

The only caveat to this story is that I have a Cinematrix PSM-1 scaler built in. I know it's very sensitive to power supply instability, and it was the video of the scaler that blanked initially. The original component outs still worked.

I searched for this symptom here, and there was a similar post, but the problem was diagnosed as the drive motor (?). I somehow think it's the power supply board given the behavior I noticed out of the scaler output.

Anyone else out there?

Anyone know where to get Panny parts? The power supply board appears to be modular and easy to remove/replace. I'd rather take a chance on me trying to fix it and being wrong. It's probably cheaper and I won't have to explain to some tech that the 'parasite PCB' has nothing to do with the problem.

- Dieter

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.