AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be purchasing an Infocus LP340V very soon and I want to ceiling mount it, and for this price ($150) I figured if it makes the process easy then why not. I am looking at the RPA-350 ceiling mount, from this website:
http://store.presentationpro.com/kore/catalog/Multimedia _Projectors/Accessories/Other_Accessories/RPA-350/product.html

**Can anybody who has this answer a few questions for me?

1) How far from the ceiling will this place the projector? The Infocus is 3.9" tall, and I only have 8" from the ceiling before the projector will come in contact with a closet door that I need to open and close.

2) Is it a good mount?

3) Any other good mounts out there for $150 or less? I specifically need something that will allow me to mount with the bottom of the projector less than 8" from the ceiling.

Thanks for any help.

[This message has been edited by James_T (edited 07-04-2001).]

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody? This is sorta critical as I will be buying the projector very soon. Even if you don't know anything about this specific mount I'd like to hear what other people have done to ceiling-mount their Infocus projectors, especially given the constraints for me of less than 8" off the ceiling. Thanks.

·
Registered
846 Posts
James,

My ceiling mount is different than the one at your link. There is a plate that attaches to the top of the projector. Then there's a metal box you put together that attaches to the ceiling. Then you just slide the projector in.

The good news is that with this mount, my projector hangs 7" from the ceiling which meets your requirements.

The bad news is that I can't find the receipt to tell you the manufacturer and model. And I can't even remember who I bought it from. I also think it cost me $199 (which btw is a crime for what they send you).

My suggestion is to call your online retailers, tell them your requirements, and have them win your business with a solution.

--Les

·
Registered
453 Posts
James,

I have that mount for my LP350 and it gives you three options for mounting: 1) flush with the ceiling (if your ceiling is structurally strong enough to be screwed into) 2) use long lag bolts to drop from a beam, in conjunction with an optional plate (for those with dropped ceilings) or 3) use a 1-1/2" pipe with a flange to attach to a beam (this can look ugly, but it's really inexpensive, and the way I chose to go because I haven't remodeled my basement yet). It looks like you would opt for option 1 because of your 8-in limitation. I'm not at home right now and my projector is being lent out, so I can only email you the distance between ceiling and bottom of bracket when I get home. I think it would work, but you need to be sure, given your situation. Chief Manufacturing might have the specs online at www.chiefmfg.com so take a look.

Al

[This message has been edited by AlMark (edited 07-05-2001).]

[This message has been edited by AlMark (edited 07-05-2001).]

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies.

AlMark:

Well, it looks like the "mount base box" is 1.5" tall, and though I can't get the specs on it the projector mounting bracket can't be any more than 1" tall. I would imagine that given the projector is 3.9" tall itself I should be able to just fit it above my closet door. But if you do get a chance to do that measurement, please let me know what you get. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.