AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to replace my seven year old 35" TV in my living room. I have a G11 DILA in my basement home-theatre-in-progress, but my wife considers it too much of a production to go dowstairs when she just wants to curl up with me and watch a chick-flick. I have no control over ambient light in the living room, the viewing distance is 13 feet, and my wife doesn't want anything on the floor, ceiling, or other walls of the room.

I think my best alternative for a 16:9 set is a rear projector between 40-50" diagonal, and I have $2-3K to spend. I have two questions:

1)Is there another alternative to consider? (I don't believe that plasma sets are within this price as of yet, and 16:9 tube sets are more expensive too)

2) Are there websites where I can read professionally written or informed lay reviews of the various sets that are out there? (or specific model recommendations)

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

------------------

David S. (Count Macula)

------------------

David S. (Count Macula)

·
Registered
835 Posts
You might try www.digitaltheater.com the forums there are more geared towards RPTV's, I know there are some other ones out there as well. I have had good experience with the Toshiba 16*9 TV's, great value for the money. However in recent months a lot more RPTV's have come into the same price range with similar features. I haven't looked lately, but there should be many good choices in your price range.

Regards,

Kam Fung

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.