Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY!

this forum looks awesome!

I'm in the market to buy my very first large screen tv!

Can't wait, but i hate making uninformed decisions! Before i go and look at any specific set, could you guys point out to me general things to look out for? Good buying tips? any web sites to check out. General knowledge about these types of TVs. I'm sure i'll have more questions when i narrow it down to a specific set i want.

i know this is a super newbie question, but i'd rather ask a stupid question than buy a tv i'm not happy with!

thanks in advance.

MrF

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Well, this would be my advice.

1) Spend a week reading as many of these threads as you can, then go to the store and look around. Repeat this cycle two or three times before you start focusing on any specific set.

2) Determine your budget with the expectation that the set you buy is not forever. Plan on a 3 to 5 year lifetime; the set will last a lot longer but will be obsolete compared to what is available in the future.

3) Determine which technology (direct-view CRT, rear-projection CRT, LCD, DLP, LCOS, Plasma) best suits your needs and budget. Each has its advantages and disadvantages.

4) Start following the threads for sets in that category.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.