Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,

I'm considering purchasing a PRO530 Elite. This will be my first venture into the world of RPTV (I currently have a 27" flat screen).

Viewing distance will be 8 to 9 feet, nose to screen.

Programming mix will be about 75% cable, 25% DVD. I have digital cable, with generally very good PQ on the analog channels and excellent on most of the digital channels, with some nearing DVD quality. I'll likely switch to Directv later this year and add a HD tuner for both OTA and sat HD programming.

Any opinions on this TV/viewing distance setup? I'm not so worried about DVD and HD at these distances, but I'm wondering if this will be too close for comfortable viewing of typical cable/sat programming?

Unfortunately, none of the Elite dealers in my area have a 530 setup with a SD feed, so I've been unable to demo this setup.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Probably wont help much ra, but my cable was crap on a SD 53XBR and now it's finely detailed crap with better overall color on my 530HD. My typical viewing distance is about 12 feet. I've only had the set for 3 days, but my impression so far is it's outsatnding. I've spent $11,000 upgrading various parts of my AV system in the last 6 months and "SO FAR" the 530HD is tied for my favorite upgrade decision. Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ra0356,

I have a 510 that I got in Fall of '01-this thing just keeps getting better & better-analog is fantastic which is what most of us watch 90% of the time. HD is pinched but that has been addressed with the 520 & 530 I think. You'll love this set & prices are dropping, I understand...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.