Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys--

With your help, and the help of the folks at HTF, I recently purchased a Tosh 42HDX82 and am loving it. A question though: Damn that box is big! :) Is there a reason to save the box and packing materials? I do plan on moving (I rent) in the next few months, and I'll probably hire a mover for the big stuff--is it advantageous to keep the box and put it back in for moving? (Seems like this would be a bit difficult, due to the way the packaging works. )

Has anyone here ever moved with an RPTV?

·
Registered
54 Posts
The box makes a great fort for the kids...

I haven't moved my TV but I did buy it open box and I must say it was handled very carefully on delivery - sometimes the box may let the movers be a bit rough with the product...the box may not be necessary but make sure you have something to protect the screen.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Huh. That's a good point--I never thought of that--they might be extra careful if it's not in a box. Thanks.

Anyone else? Suggestions?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I do a lot of shipping and receiving of big items in my work, and can tell you, unless you can repack it exactly as it was when you got it, you'll be probably more harm than good.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figured as much. Yeah, it's less of a box than a corrugated pallette and cover. I saw the guys unpacking it on the sidewalk before they walked it into the house, and there were a lot of bands around the bottom. I'd probably never get it packed properly anyway. I guess I'll just dipose of it.

Thanks, y'all. Now for the task of breaking that darn thing down and fitting it into my recycling bin. Holy crap, that's a lot of cardboard!! :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I don't know how paranoid this is, but I have heard suggested in other places that you should be careful about throwing out the boxes of components. It may indicate to ne'er-do-wells that some expensive electronics are in the house. So make sure you break down the boxes and stuff them in plastic bags, (or drop them off in front of someone else's house?:D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I'd thought of that, but that's a great point, actually. I'm fortunate enough to have a monitored security system on the house, but I will use caution when breaking it down. My recycling bin is a roller can w/ lid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.