AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in a good looking cabinet to house my 64" 16:9 RPTV. I will probably go with a custom unit which includes a "faceplate" so that only the 16 x 9 screen shows. Finding someone who does quality finishes is not only a challenge, but a fortune as well. I have had 3 quotes in Miami Beach ranging from $8,850 to $13,500 including two "hidden" pullout columns for CD/DVD storage and one side column for stereo/sub etc. on each side of the screen. I found these prices to be outrageous but am almost resigned to do this given that I do not like the finishes on the Laurier and other models found in most stores.

Does anyone have some pictures of their custom units and, if they are not embarrassed to display them, the prices for these. I am looking for ideas of good layouts.

Apologies if this does not belong in this forum, however I do believe this to be "hardware."

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am faced with the same task, although I have capability to make it myself, as I make all my own cabinets. I've been referring to Audio VIdeo interiors for ideas, it is a magazine that is available in most newstands that have a wide selection.

None of the store bought ones suit me. Actually, I have seen only a stark few of them in the store, and they have almost all been ugly.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Try doing a search. There's currently an active thread on this topic, as well as lots of previous threads.

------------------

Tom

Sony SAT-T60 DirecTc>ic>Vc>oc> w/2.5 (126 hours)

Sony SAT-T60 DirecTc>ic>Vc>oc> w/2.5

Sony SAN-24MD 24" elliptical dish

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.