AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On occassion, I see horizontal lines on my Pioneer Elite 100 51" television.

They are not visible on cable TV, only on DVD's. I am using the componenty input from my Toshiba DVD player which I bought last year so it is fairly new.

These lines seem to come and go and their location on the screen varies. Not all DVD's have them and they are not there all the time. This is tough to describe and I am hoping that someone here has seen them before and knows what they might be.

My mom has an older JVC 35" tv that has a setting for magnetism. That is a picture tube set and not an RPTV so maybe it doesn't apply here. Usually I just ignore them but thought I might ask around and here and see what others have to say.

Has anyone ever seen these before?

Greg Matty

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just did some more testing and the lines are most evident when I press the stop button on my DVD player and it displays a gray screen. The lines in question are bouncing all over the place, especially on teh bottom third of the screen.

Any ideas?

Greg Matty

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by David Mathews
could it be scan lines?
I don't think so.

Maybe the speaker I have on top of the set is interfering? The thing is, this morning when the set was cooled down, there were none of these lines I was referring to. My speakers are the Atlantic Technology 250.1 and they are supposedly shielded. If not, why the intermitent problem?

I was going to hook up my older DVD player and see if that was the issue but with the problem coming and going, I don't know what it could be.

The lines are not uniformly distributed and they flicker on and off in rapid succession so to speak.

Thanks for replying. Anyone else?

Greg Matty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.