AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Philips based (actually a Marantz) 64" RPTV. I removed the protective screen (Plastic?) to reduce reflections months ago. I need to re-install it and have to clean it because it has become quite dirty. What can I used to do this in terms of cleaning solution and, probably just as importantly, the cloth to do so. Are both sides of this protective screen the same when I re-install?

Any assistance is most appreciated.

·
Registered
764 Posts
gkouri - I use a 3M Scotch-Brite Microfiber electronics cleaning cloth for my Panny RPTV screens. As for which side should face out, if both sides look the same then it shouldn't matter. My OEM Panny protective screen had felt on one side so it was east to tell. I replaced it with a true non-glare screen that has a matte (non-glare) finish on one side and a glossy finish on the other. That being the case, the matte side must face out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You can go to your nearest Home Depot or Lowe's and see if they can cut you an acrylic plastic to the measurement of your original protective screen. The clear plastic would be as sturdy as the protective screen and despite the lack of anti-glare element the reduction of glare is quite considerable compared to the original screen. Cost would be around $40.

There are other companies that sell acrylic plastic popular among rptv owners. Check out this thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hlight=acrylic

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.