AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have narrowed down my next television/monitor purchase between the new Pioneer plasma and "Fixed" Philips Cineos. I stumbled across a website http://www.avs-store.com that sales these units at three-tiered pricing.

Purchase Order - most expensive

Credit Card - moderately expensive

Cash Discount - rock bottom.

Has anyone ever heard of, let alone ordered anything from these guys before. Let me know before I take a $3600 - $4400 plunge! Thanks!

·
Registered
980 Posts
I would use a credit card if you have any doubts. Why risk throwing away your cash?

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I don't like that place. I am fairly sure they used to have another name and they are using the AVS name to mislead.

If I am wrong, can someone correct me.

I just remember another merchant from that town a ways back and it seems too coincidental.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Ralph Olson is known as a spammer. His "website" is hosted by Road Runner. Enough said IMO.

Kirill

·
Banned
29,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ConceptVBS
Use the credit card.
reason why cash is cheaper is because people refuse or refute credit card charges.... when they receive stuck pixels... or problems....

The merchant takes a hit....

This is why you should buy it locally from and authorized dealer with a no questions asked return exchange policy and- NO restocking fees.

A good dealer is not interested in protecting themselves or screwing you... they are interested in gaining more customers and more bussiness...

Look for good deals.... local... authorized... good customer service, return and exchange policy...

You might even get 18 month 0% credit..........just another bonus.:)

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Don't do it at any price. By the way, they are not listed at resellerratings.com.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.