Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

This may be a little off topic here, but im hoping someone can help me . I purchaced a samsung 47" rptv and it is my first projection tv. when something moves across the screen like the stock ticker on cnbc or news thing on fox or cnn at the bottom, it appears to wave like a flag in and out, i have also noticed this when you look at the crowd at a basketball game as the camera pans across from end to end. this is very annoying im wondering if this is normal or is something wrong? it is almost enough to make you dizzy.....thanks

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
Welcome to the forums. It's certainly not normal, but a few more hardware/procedure details might help pin the problem down. RPTV model/year? Is this just for HDTV horizontal panning movements, or does it happen with SDTV? If HD only, what set-top box are you using and does it happen with all H/DTV channels? Knowing the RPTV type (CRT, or DLP with a spinning color wheel, for example) might help identify some oddball malfunction.

Only thing that rang a bell was mention of the scrolling stock ticker. Someone pointed out here (Garci) that SA3100HD cable converters have inaccurately timed component-out signals. With various horizontal scrolling the display 'jumps' horizontally at (I believe) roughly 1 minute intervals. But this sounds different from flag-like distortion, and also doesn't sound like macroblocking. This occurs with digital TV when objects change too rapidly in images for the allocated bit rate and video breaks up into small blocks on screen. -- John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.