Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am getting ready to purchase a 61-65" widescreen RPTV in the $3500 range. This might sound like blasphemy but my most important criteria is the ability to remove the glare screen. I can't stand glare screens. I focus on the fact that I see reflections on them. I know that Mitu's come off pretty easily. Are there other RPTV's out there that I should consider? I will still consider the TV if the glare screen requires a little bit of work to remove. I have a Sony 61HS10. Removing the glare screen on that was way too much work. I had to basically break down the entire top of the TV.

Thanks,

Dino

·
Registered
609 Posts
Taking the screen off my Toshiba (1.5 years old) was pretty easy - about 1/2 hour to an hour. Made a big difference, especially if your room is not dark. Used tubular weather stripping to fill the gap.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My Pioneer 643 can be restacked. It doesn't look like much trouble but I don't feel the need to do it, so I haven't.

There are threads around that explain how to replace the original reflective screen with a non-refletive version of the same material. Many people with children would prefer to do it this way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.