AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My RS-1 has 1322hrs. Always run on low with high fan. Today I noticed the light output would vary. It would be normal, and then suddenly get a little dimmer. A short while later it would become normal, then dim a little again. Is the bulb getting ready to go? Is this the sign of another problem?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Go buy another lamp before you are forced to watch the supebowl on a 13" B/W tube...

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Sounds like the arc is wandering. It may be fine after a restart, but its indicative of a bulb that on the way out.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Yeah it sounds like she is about to blow!

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
My rs1 bulb had flickering at around 750 hours and I figured it was about to go and was all set to order a replacement but it stopped after a day or two and I am now over 1000 hours and it seems fine.

I say try it out for a bit longer before ordering a new bulb

·
Registered
661 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlindo /forum/post/12922028

My rs1 bulb had flickering at around 750 hours and I figured it was about to go and was all set to order a replacement but it stopped after a day or two and I am now over 1000 hours and it seems fine.

I say try it out for a bit longer before ordering a new bulb

I had the same reaction around 700hrs. It seems to happen if I leave the projector on for a long duration like 10 hours. I'm on 845hrs and don't see it at all during regular intervals of 3 - 4 hours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts