AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know out there if there is a converter type device that goes from an RS-232 (video output from a computer to a monitor) to a component video (for a HDTV)? I would love to connect a laptop computer to my Mitsubishi 46708 HDTV. My Mits only accept a 480p component input (in addition to a HD component input). The display would be awesome. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
The video output from a computer is not RS-232. RS-232 (actually, now officially called TIA/EIA-232-F), is a serial data interface, on a 25-pin DB-25 connector.

The computer video output is RGB video, usually referred to either as VGA or XGA or some such, depending on resolution.

What you need is a RGB-to-component converter. Search this forum for information on these. The DTC-100 needs one in order to be used with component inputs, so there's been alot of discuss here on these converters.

Note also the video card on your computer needs to be able to be set up in a mode that's compatible with the Mits input. The scan rate needs to be able to be set to 60 Hz, and the number of lines to 480.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.