AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of HELP!!! I am in a tight spot and am going to be geting my speakers very soon and am begging you for your help and am applogizing in advance for the length of this message. I have attached a crude diagram that I have come up with and I could use some advice This is my current home theater layout and would like suggestions on placement of klipsch RS-3II. I usually sit in seat A which is approximately five feet from the wall. My fiancé usually sits in seat B which is about four feet from my chair. The problem is C is at its farthest point it is thirteen feet and is a dry wall finished air-conditioning duct and protrudes about six inches down from the ceiling. The next option is the far wall, which is eighteen feet from the other wall. My thoughts were either on the farthest side of the air-conditioning duct or the far wall. If the air conditioning duct is not to close could someone point me to a mount that does't drill into the back of the speakers that might be able to some how mount one the side of the duct. Or a regular mount that does not drill into the back of the speaker if 18 feet is not to far the far wall.

Thanks in advance,

Phips

·
Registered
103 Posts
Phips,

The RS-3 IIs mount onto two screws in the wall. Drywall sleeves work fine if you can't hit a stud. I just got my RS-3 IIs last week and they hang easily and are not as heavy as they look. Good luck!

Mark

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm trying to fully understand your diagram.

There are lines on each side of "C" that run parallel to

the viewing line. Is this the duct or is this a wall or

something else?

Are the walls the outside of the diagram? Is any

side open? What are the dimensions of the room?

What is the line that runs through "A" and "B" and

continues on?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First of all let me apologize for the crudeness of the diagram if I had more time and the proper tools I wouldn't have rushed it so much.

There are lines on each side of "C" that run parallel to

the viewing line. Is this the duct or is this a wall or

something else?

That is the duct

Are the walls the outside of the diagram?

The walls are on the outside of the diagram

Is any side open?

The big rectangle represents the TV and the speakers and that is the front and behind seat A and B there is a large open space

What are the dimensions of the room?

twenty eight feet long and about nineteen feet wide however the room is not a perfect square.

What is the line that runs through "A" and "B" and

continues on?

That was just a reference line I thought it would help when judging distance but I guess it was a dumb idea.

Thanks for all your help so far I really appreciate it.

Phips

·
Registered
27 Posts
1st choice would be to hang it on the duct...spring clips will hold it...mount about 18 inches behind seats, with the other one even on parralel wall...(this would lend itself nicely to a rear center mounted on the back wall)...

2nd choice would probably be both on back wall.....$0.02 , hope it helps

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pardon the ignorance but what are spring clips?

P.S.

Acctually I was thinking of going 7.1 so should I mount the speakers any farther forward.

Thanks?

Phips

·
Registered
538 Posts
my father has the klipch in the same type room we just hung his on the sides.center of the speaker even with the listening position .the far wall is way to far very uneven sound . we then moved the one side over to the duct work.but the sound was way to high and did not sound correct. what we did was mount them from the ceiling and angle them down 35 40 degrees .they sound great this way a little more direct sounding this way (what we both prefer) because we listen to music also.it sounds so good now we are going to run rear surrounds to go with the sides. good luck.....

·
Registered
538 Posts
you said your duct work is drywalled? the drywall and duct are strong enough to hold the speakers they are only 12 lbs? 2 self drilling metal screws. if you don't like them there you can fill the little holes it leaves.we ended up (hanging)mounting them from the ceiling.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.