AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Radio Shack RS75 UHF antenna, 17 elements.

Before installing it on the roof, I thought I would give it a test. So, I bolted the antenna to a 5 foot broom handle and then connected it to my Home theater PC, with MyHD card.

I could get all but one L.A. local channel, K-cal was the exception.

I thought "great",this antenna should do the trick once I get it up on the roof. Since during this test, the antenna was inside the house, broom handle resting on the floor, antenna half-assed pointed towards Mt.Wilson, looking through a 10'X 6'steel framed sliding glass door(closed.)

Wrong.... when I mounted it on a 5 foot RS mast, clamped to a vent pipe on the roof. I could only get three stations...

What is up with that? What did I miss?

·
Registered
780 Posts
"Location, Location, Location"---the three most important considerations in real estate value and antenna reception. Many have posted how just moving an antenna just a few inches up/down or side to side can yield success. Regards.:)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear ya... but the wife aint going to go for having the antenna in the living room...

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Try moving it down the mast about 6 inches at a time, test, another 6" test...you get the idea. Also make sure its not pointed directly at a tree if possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.