AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my local Radio Shack store and they are clearing out the UHF double bow tie indoor antenna for $1.97. I picked one up just in case I might need one later on and I think the stock no. is 15-623. I'm here in northern Cal. and for $1.97 you just can't go wrong.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Very interesting. I checked the radio shack website to see if this was a national thing. I found a "NEW" HDTV antenna that looks just like the same old (but good) double bow tie. Is there anything different about this "new" antenna other than HDTV in the name? Seems like the price is lower than I originally paid for mine.

Here's the URL:
http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...Fid=930%2D0998

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
kooler - is this the real dbl bowtie or the economy version? the real one has a metal screen on the backside. RS had some single bowtie things for about $2 when I last looked (months ago). The real bowtie was selling for about $20 - seems hard to believe they'd sell it for $1.97.

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
The $1.97 is the close out price that Radio Set when they originally discontinued the DBTie last year. It has since been re-introduced at $15. You just saved $13.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
quarqua, this is the real double bow tie and it's the same as the one alterego has on his link. Upon checking on the box it has this catalog no. 15-623A in front of it. There are plenty of these antennas still available here in northern ca.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The RS website showed the new double-bowtie as out-of-stock for at least a month. Then they made it only available by ordering from a store or 1-800-the-Shack. The web site does not show stock status. I tried ordering from a store. They would order over the phone and have it shipped to my house. I was in a hurry so I said I would order over the phone myself. When I called, the operator said the item was out-of-stock and I could not order until it was in-stock. I asked if I would have to keep calling back to check the status before I could order and she said yes.

I ordered a Silver Sensor from Amazon.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by WaltW

I ordered a Silver Sensor from Amazon.
ahhhhh, the Bezos plot is working even inside RS...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.