AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, i am trying to turn on a A/V Reciever with a RS232 command using the VB6 comm32. To turn it on it says to use:
Code:
Code:
Command code | Parameter code | CR  | Code set example
 PW           | ON             | | PWON
And this is my VB6 code i am currently using that doesnt seem to work...
Code:
Code:
MSComm.CommPort = 2
   MSComm.RThreshold = 1
   MSComm.Settings = "9600,N,8,1"
   MSComm.InputLen = 0
   MSComm.PortOpen = True

MSComm.Output = "PWON" & Chr$(13)
   MSComm.Output = "PWON" & vbCrLf
   MSComm.Output = "PWON" & vbNewLine

MSComm.Output = "ZMON" & Chr$(13)
   MSComm.Output = "ZMON" & vbCrLf
   MSComm.Output = "ZMON" & vbNewLine

MSComm.PortOpen = False
End If
The reciever never turns on. What could i be doing incorrectly? I checked to make sure the com port was 2 and it is.

The PDF of the rs232 commands can be found here for the Marantz SR7005: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b45c...ceiver_All.pdf

If anyone has experience with MSComm32 then please help me out

David

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there,

What if you try starting with the amp on, and modifying your code to turn it off, switch inputs etc? That would tell you if your code works. Alternatively, do Marantz offer a GUI application to test RS232 communication? Yamaha have one called Receiver Manager and it's handy to confirm that you're actually talking to it properly.

I've been playing with my Yamaha RX-V2600 via RS232 and one of the things I found was an option in the menu to "listen" for RS232 commands while in standby. I could manipulate it fine once it was on, but couldn't turn it on until I found that option. Is there something like that in the Marantz menu?

Paul

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pholbeck /forum/post/19522356

Hi there,

What if you try starting with the amp on, and modifying your code to turn it off, switch inputs etc? That would tell you if your code works. Alternatively, do Marantz offer a GUI application to test RS232 communication? Yamaha have one called Receiver Manager and it's handy to confirm that you're actually talking to it properly.

I've been playing with my Yamaha RX-V2600 via RS232 and one of the things I found was an option in the menu to "listen" for RS232 commands while in standby. I could manipulate it fine once it was on, but couldn't turn it on until I found that option. Is there something like that in the Marantz menu?

Paul

Well for some reason i got it to work finally. I guess i needed to turn the unit on first then control it there after.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts