AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening. Im about two months away from purchasing my equipment.

Recently this forum convinced me to go 2.35:1 over 16:9 as I can enjoy the wider screen for movies and still get 16:9 for watching sports.

Heres the dilemma:

I need to buy all of my equipment/furniture etc so expenses will be plenty.

Do I purchase the rs25 and get an anamorphic lens with it....or do I spend the xtra money for the rs35 and then have to wait a few months for the lens and just rely on zooming technique to get the 2.35:1 image.

Anxiously await your responses.

Tony

·
Registered
23,131 Posts
If waiting is an option (and the RS35 is worth the premium to you) I'd got that route. The paradox is I think the RS35 could "need" a lens more than an RS25. The 35 is supposed to be hand picked and have much better convergence and overall higher quality optics. While this is generally a good thing, it will result in more visibile pixel structure (at least probably) which is the biggest quality problem with zooming.

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Talk with Jason here at AVS they are running a special on the JVC's and have some great lens options. There are quite a few very high quality lenses available now really just depends on your budget. Where are you located? Let us know some more info on your budget and room and we can help you get a look at some options or make the right choices.

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
JVC HD 550 with a cylindrical anamorphic lens.

·
Premium Member
2,787 Posts
Do you know what kind of lens you're looking at? ISCO/Schneider, Panamorph, or Prismasonic? I probably wouldn't consider putting "lesser" glass any projector at the price point you're considering.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.