AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Framing of my first theater room is almost done in the basement. Trying to get it done before I get the RS40 from AVS Store. Room is 20 depth x 15 wide. First row at 13' and second at the back, which gives me a 123" screen.

Calculations (based on the HD990) comes up to mount it between 12'-25' with the middle at 16'. Since the RS40 vents at the front then should I mount it at 12' so the hot air from front exhaust doesn't bother me at the first row?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I realize the new JVC's RS40 50 60 are just getting out there. But what if we compare to their previous line? Any exhaust disturbing you from these beast if their directed towards you? Is this a concern when mounting it?

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Note the throw is more like 12.5'. That being said, I would probably not peg the extreme close (or long) end of the throw. How tall is your ceiling? Unless you have a super short room, I doubt the exhaust would really change anything from a comfort standpoint, regardless of where it is mounted.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your answer Jason.

My ceiling is 7'4" currently without the two sheets of 5/8 and whisperclips.

What if I end up with the projector directly over my head at 13'. Any problem then?

p.s. Can't wait to get your phone call to say the RS40 are shipping! At that time I will also inquire about Cheif mounts upon your recommendation and an extra bulb.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Overhead is good for 2 reasons...1, out of visual site and 2 it will limit the potential for hitting your head since it won't be near a walkway (I had the same situation in my room).

Do note that the 12.5' distance is from the lens...so in other words make sure you don't put the middle of the projector at 13' or essentially your lens will be closer than 12.5'.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
hmmm.....i was thinking the same thing about the front exhaust. have a hi power screen and currently my projector is about 1 ft above and behind the main seating position. am i going to get blasted by heat and if so any solution

to fix it? will it be so bad i would want to get rid of it?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosng /forum/post/19624257

hmmm.....i was thinking the same thing about the front exhaust. have a hi power screen and currently my projector is about 1 ft above and behind the main seating position. am i going to get blasted by heat and if so any solution

to fix it? will it be so bad i would want to get rid of it?

Jason doubt the exhaust would really change anything from a comfort standpoint. So this is good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts