AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to know if it would be worth getting RTA software and Mic to further tweek my Yamaha rxv475. Its only has a few bands of adjustment so I am not sure if it would make much of a difference over YPAO. Also what modes are recommended for tracks encoded already in 5.1. I know most use Dolby plx11 or Neo6 for 2 channel.

·
Banned
14,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methodx1  /t/1520305/rta-calibrating-a-yamaha-rxv475#post_24422178

I wanted to know if it would be worth getting RTA software and Mic to further tweek my Yamaha rxv475. Its only has a few bands of adjustment so I am not sure if it would make much of a difference over YPAO. Also what modes are recommended for tracks encoded already in 5.1. I know most use Dolby plx11 or Neo6 for 2 channel.

The 6 band graphic eq is IME capable of worthwhile system tuning. Obviously not great, but potentially useful.

It would be worth to (free download) Room Eq Wizard and obtain a USB measurement-type mic to tune it with your laptop or PC

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-umm-6-usb-measurement-microphone--390-808

1 - 2 of 2 Posts