AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have any experience with the iPhones RTA apps compared to REW. The SPL meter apps are superior to the radioshack meter (accuracy,readout,etc) I have, but, i haven't purchased the RTA yet. Played with a friends in my room and it seems to be pretty cool. Any thoughts?

·
Banned
1,805 Posts
If the SPL meter apps are more accurate than the rad shack meter, can you use it with REW? Do any SPL meter apps have an output for the headphone jack, or a true dock line out?

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilGator /forum/post/18192457

If the SPL meter apps are more accurate than the rad shack meter, can you use it with REW? Do any SPL meter apps have an output for the headphone jack, or a true dock line out?

My friend is using the line out to rca stereo plugs to send test tones generated by the iphone with the RTA app.

·
Banned
1,805 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrda /forum/post/18192533

My friend is using the line out to rca stereo plugs to send test tones generated by the iphone with the RTA app.

That makes sense, but I wonder if you can output what the mic is reading to the line out (as an input for REW).

Then again, a built-in RTA app on the phone itself would be handy when you're tweaking placement.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm a complete novice when it comes to RTA/SPL, so my question is, if I were to purchase one of the many RTA or SPL meter apps, how do I make my speakers/sub play tones? Is there a special CD you need to get or something?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts