AVS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
a few guys I have heard from really like it.


I need to sell my T3 and get a T3-v for my own use...best to have one at home so you know how it fully works so you can sell them to clients in their systems


I have in my own home a T1(garage), T1 (Bedroom), T2c (Living room), T3 (living room). Currently have an RP-6 but have XP-8 coming


The T3 and RP-6 are getting replaced with the T2C and XP-8, The T3 and T2c are both in use in the living room...Wife didnt care for the T3, but seems to be getting used to the T2C.


The T3v has wifi for browsing but not sure how it does with some web sites and animations/graphics and such.


It looks good
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glackowitz /forum/post/14211105



The T3v has wifi for browsing but not sure how it does with some web sites and animations/graphics and such.


It looks good

any idea how you would type with it? For example if I wanted to view rottentomatos.com to get a movie score how would I go about typing in the movie tittle?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glackowitz /forum/post/14211105


...Currently have an RP-6 but have XP-8 coming


...Wife didnt care for the T3,

Thanks for the feedback!


What didn't she like about the T3?


What improvements does the XP-8 give you over the RP-6?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouver /forum/post/14219845


any idea how you would type with it? For example if I wanted to view rottentomatos.com to get a movie score how would I go about typing in the movie tittle?

I believe when an address bar is touched a pop up keyboard appears and you type it in...Im sure its a small keyboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchener /forum/post/14222838


Thanks for the feedback!


What didn't she like about the T3?


What improvements does the XP-8 give you over the RP-6?

She like feeling the buttons over looking at a touch screen, we have a T1 in the bedroom and it has backlit buttons, after you use it for awhile you can find the buttons with out looking


The XP-8 is a huge gain over the RP-6,


XP-8 has 8 relays, 8 232 ports, 8 sense ports and 8 versaports(ir/232/sensor) while the RP-6 has 3 relays, and 6 versaports


XP-8 has ethernet and astronomical clock, while RP-6 has none, XP-8 is rack mountable, RP-6 is not

http://www.rticorp.com/products/xp8.html http://www.rticorp.com/products/RP6.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glackowitz /forum/post/14228558


She likes feeling the buttons over looking at a touch screen, we have a T1 in the bedroom and it has backlit buttons, after you use it for awhile you can find the buttons with out looking.

I haven't actually ever monkeyed with the older T-3 (and of course, not with the brand-new T-3V, either). One thing that caught my eye is it's "hybrid" approach, half touchscreen and half hard buttons, wanting the hard buttons for the very thing you mention (finding key buttons without looking). Does she feel there aren't enough hard buttons for routine viewing, or can it be solved with programming?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Haven't played with the new T3-V yet myself but have programmed many T3's for several customers. IMO the T-2+, T2-C are much more friendly to use unless your a person who prefers buttons on the touch screen and/or you have alot of sources for one room. We tend to use the T3's for larger projects (for example I had one customer who had 13 sources on one remote, the realestate on the screen of the T3 is much more friendly and requires only 2 main pages to fit all of the sources, so one page flip versus several on a T-2+ or T-2C). In the same realm the T4 is a great option for large projects also but then your stuck lugging around a big object that requires 2 hands for use. I like alot of hard buttons (they don't wear out as quick like a touch screen will over time) and something thats easy to hold in your hand (the T3 is just slightly uncomfortable, just a little to wide, take a inch off the width and it would be much more comfortable, so I am really curious about the new T3-V as they narrowed the bottom slightly) T2-C has my vote for the best all around RTI remote, I am really excited to check out the new T2-CS and T3-V.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchener /forum/post/14229312


I haven't actually ever monkeyed with the older T-3 (and of course, not with the brand-new T-3V, either). One thing that caught my eye is it's "hybrid" approach, half touchscreen and half hard buttons, wanting the hard buttons for the very thing you mention (finding key buttons without looking). Does she feel there aren't enough hard buttons for routine viewing, or can it be solved with programming?

Its still a current remote, She DVR's alot of shows..morning talk and such and when a commercial comes she like to skip them, She mainly uses the Sat remote as she has the fast forward, Play, rewind buttons memorized, on a touch screen there are no buttons, just a flat surface so you have to look down to get your fingers on the right button. she doesnt like that. So she will use the sat remote 95% of the time due to the buttons. The T2c she is warming up to slowly...its a change and she doesnt want to have to relearn button placements, But I have recently hidden the DVD, VCR, TV, AV receiver remotes so she is forced to use the T2C, but she knows how to power on the TV and sat with the sat remote and get the right input on the tv and not have to use the av receiver at all.....she also hates when I move the seat around in her car or retilt the wheel


I like the T3, because I usually surf with the channel buttons(up and down)

You can get a larger screen with the T3 over the T2c, its more a personal preferance. The T2c has more hard buttons and a smaller screen, the T3 has a larger screen and less buttons


We have sold about the same on either, and there is also the price difference on them as well..MSRP on a T2c is about 300.00 less than the T3 or T3v
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does the T-3V have more hard buttons than the T-3? My most used remote is the same "M/O" -- that satellite DVR remote (HR-20). Channel surfing, pre-recorded list, planning future recordings, et al.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchener /forum/post/14232535


Does the T-3V have more hard buttons than the T-3? My most used remote is the same "M/O" -- that satellite DVR remote (HR-20). Channel surfing, pre-recorded list, planning future recordings, et al.


Only thing it gained for hard buttons is power, info and it now has the thumb clicker to flip pages like the other current remotes have. Biggest thing I hope changed for the good is it's ergonomics, looks like it should be a more comfortable remote to use now. The asthetics also now follow suite with the other current remotes (such as the T2-C, T-4, etc.).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
I was over at RTI today picking up a few thing and had a chat with Pete on the new products and took a quick runaround of there current shop out in Shakopee, MN. He said the T3-V has vast improvements for ergonomics over the T3 (he said himself that the T3 was slightly large in width for one handed use for people with smaller hands) thus they came out with the T3-V. He also said that the T3-V has a little more wieght to it now, which gives it a more substantial feel (I always thought the old T2+ and T3 were a little light feeling myself). Looks like all of the handheld products will be going to the black with silver trim look, will make things look great and uniform if you have multiple RTI handhelds in a house. Nothing but good things seem to keep coming from RTI.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2rickster /forum/post/15204709


Anybody know of anywhere to get a replacement battery for the rti t3. I searched all over but could not find one.

Good luck with that. I've tried everywhere. I finally found a place that would sell them in bulk, but they don't have a website. The batteries also don't have leads or covered, they're just the cells.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
We sell replacement batteries for any RTi remote control. Contact us at [email protected] , audiosoundusa.com


Tom Fekete,

Owner
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top