AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering getting the XP3 and wold like to be reassured that I will be able to connect it to the Lutron RA2 system I have. I also want to connect it to my honeywell ademco alarm system. I would like to add cameras at some point. I am going to get some baldwin wave door locks. Of course I want to be able to controll all this stuff on my IPhone. Please tell me I am not dreaming.

I guess the RTI remotes make sense for in the house - which one? IPAD?

Thanks i advance for any input.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for helping to suport my decision.

Looks like RTI does the zigbee thing, but I am reading about the all the inconsistent communications with different zigbee devices. Sounds like zwave is more compatible. I am not finding info yet that talks about the RTI XP3 using much Zwave.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The RadioRA 2 system can accept commands from 3rd-party systems via its serial port or over a network connection (using Telnet). So long that the system is programmed by an authorized RA 2 dealer, the 3rd-party system can connect over either of those two mediums, and the 3rd-party system can be programmed to send commands in the Lutron format, that system can integrate with the RA 2 Main Repeater.

I'd recommend contacting a local RadioRA 2 dealer (if you don't have one already). He/she will be able to work with you on how best to integrate your existing RA 2 system with a 3rd-party system, including your security system. If you don't already have a dealer, you can use the "Where to Buy" tool located here: http://www.lutron.com/en-US/Pages/WhereToBuy.aspx

Hope this helps!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts