AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, let me say I read a zillion messages cursing all things 5040 from those whose units crash during setup, die later, etc. However, my 5040 set up last night without a hitch, and I had DVA up and running in an hour. I'm thrilled.

MY QUESTION IS ... On my Showstopper heat was a big issue. I put its 120 GB HD in a stanalone case that has a fan, and I mounted a muffin fan on top of the Showstopper case after covering certain holes to force airflow through the unit. I haven't had any problems with my Showstopper, it runs REAL cool.

Now I plan to make the 120 GB drive the second drive on my 5040. I see the fan, and I ask myself "Is it enough?" Has anyone done any temperature monitoring after upgrading to two internal drives? Anyone know whether the cooling system was designed to handle the extra heat? I'm tempted to put both drives in the standalone HD case. But that is a less than elegant solution. I'd like to hear your thoughts.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Don't give it a second thought. The 5000 OEM fan pumps plenty of air to cool the unit with two hard drives.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Mikeyboy
Don't give it a second thought. The 5000 OEM fan pumps plenty of air to cool the unit with two hard drives.

Thanks! I thought it looked pretty butch, but it never hurts to check.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.