AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I desperately need help to RESTORE a lost TOC and/or recorded shows!! Has anyone had success with the RESTORATION of a lost TABLE OF CONTENTS or SHOWS by use of RTV EXTRACT or ANY OTHER METHOD? If you have had success with this, PLEASE EXPLAIN. My showstopper (PV-HS2000) DUAL DRIVE crashed and I lost the TOC. I am hopeful that I can access my shows (many) somehow, assuming that they are still on the drives. My goal is to RECOVER my lost shows vs. extracting the files to a PC. I am new this and would appreciate any and all the help you nice folks can provide!! MANY THANKS!!!! :confused: :)

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Yes I have several times. I believe I've posted the step by step guide here. If you search for extract_rtv and my user name I think you'll be able to find it.

First thing to do, get the drives out of the replay, do that now! You want nothing more written to the drives.

There are several steps, finding the descriptions of shows including deleted ones. Then finding lost nodes, then extracting the lost nodes. Pretty simple, you just need to have a NTFS formatted disk for files greater than 2GB.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Wow... slprp1 Busted!

Is this a joke? I guess he couldn't find his original thread!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.