AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Once or twice a week I'll be watching a recorded program, and my 5504 will get stuck, repeating the same from an a fraction of a second of audio over and over. It will do this for about a minute, and then finally reboot.

This sounds like it may be the disk corruption problem mentioned on Mikeyboy's site. But after it reboots, I can play the same show just fine, so I don't think it's a bad spot in that file. I also think it has happened when I was watching a show streaming from a networked RTV.

Does this sound like a power supply problem?

·
Registered
173 Posts
that happens to me when im watching a recording show. i just watch a recorded show until the recording ones done and alls well. i think it hAS to do with heavy internet traffic screwing with the tiny chip these things have,

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I haven't noticed it happening specifically when watching the show that's being recorded. But I think it's always when I'm watching and recording at the same time. Often the show I'm watching is being streamed from my other unit -- it might even be always, I haven't kept track.

But I was on vacation for a week and a half, and it doesn't look like it rebooted in the middle of any of the shows it recorded while I was away -- there are no short recordings during that time.

It's been doing it more and more often, so I'm going to get a new disk.

·
Banned
101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by barmar  /t/1415553/rtv-gets-stuck-and-then-reboots#post_22253980

I haven't noticed it happening specifically when watching the show that's being recorded. But I think it's always when I'm watching and recording at the same time. Often the show I'm watching is being streamed from my other unit -- it might even be always, I haven't kept track.

But I was on vacation for a week and a half, and it doesn't look like it rebooted in the middle of any of the shows it recorded while I was away -- there are no short recordings during that time.

It's been doing it more and more often, so I'm going to get a new disk.

This typically happens when you view the Replay Guide of a remote RTV while the local RTV is recording and the remote RTV has more than something like 120 shows stored on it. So, if that's the case, you don't need a new hard drive, just fewer shows stored on your remote RTV.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Quote:

This typically happens when you view the Replay Guide of a remote RTV while the local RTV is recording and the remote RTV has more than something like 120 shows stored on it. So, if that's the case, you don't need a new hard drive, just fewer shows stored on your remote RTV.

But that's not when the problem happens. It's always when a show is playing, I'm not even touching the remote. And the remote machine only has about 60 shows stored on it.

Anyway, I put the new disk in today, we'll see how it goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts