AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i don't understand this. i have a show that consistently locks up my 5040 at 1:02 from the start; it forces me to use the "10-second power-button reset".

on a whim, i tried transferring it to DVA and it transferred with no apparent errors. so i streamed it back to the 5040 and it doesn't lock up! however, the DVA Event Log does have these two entries in it, but remember that the playback continues fine with no stutter or lockup or anything:
Quote:
09/25 22:52:35 ERROR: Error writing file footer/end chunk for D:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Documents\\Shared DVArchive Data\\Local_Guide\\Spider-Man - Mind Games.ndx to remote client -- Software caused connection abort: socket write error

09/25 22:52:45 ERROR: Error writing file footer/end chunk for D:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Documents\\Shared DVArchive Data\\Local_Guide\\Spider-Man - Mind Games.ndx to remote client -- Software caused connection abort: socket write error
so how come the 5040 locks up on native playback, but it doesn't lock up on DVA playback? are the DVA errors useful for diagnosing this problem? is this indicative of a disk problem? is it an encoding glitch? can i do anything to prevent these problems in the future?

·
Registered
30 Posts
That's an interesting result. All of my consistent lockup shows that

I tried to transfer via DVArchive would transfer to that point and

crash the replay any way. I attributed this to more of a low level

problem (disk read/write) since it happeded both way.

Yours sounds more like a encoding issue because in streaming

the source Replay probably does not decode the data but it would

have to to play it and that's when the error occurs. DVArchive apparently

sees something odd to and probably does not pass the offending

data so everyone is happy.

But hey, it's not my software so what do I know!

-Glenn

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.