AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just set up a factory fresh RTV 5000 series and it made connection to RTV via internet network, but all set up screens were in black and white.

I thought this might have been only for set-up to save band space, but when I hit channel guide and then live TV, all stations, and the guide are displayed in B&W.

Flipped back to TV tuner on large screen TV and same shows are displayed in color.

Also rechecked BOTH ends of S video connection, out from RTV to input of A/V receiver, and no problem. I have never experienced this problem in multiple setups.

Has anyone experienced this problem and determined a fix? There is no setup menu item to switch between color and B&W mode.

Phil

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Typically the cable is the source of the problem. Check to make sure the super video or A/V cable is solidly connected to the replaytv. It wouldn't hurt to bypass your A/V receiver as it (or the connections to it) could be the problem as well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
A similar thing happened today with my 5040. I had run a manual record to capture an old VHS for subsuqent DVA and DVD. Anyway, I turned off the VCR and hence the video source for the RTV. The RTV didn't like not having a video signal and all the output from the RTV was in B+W.

I went back to the VCR, turned it on so the RTV would have a video signal, still B+W. After a minute or so, the color came back. Very strange.

So I infer that if the source is inconsistent, the input on the RTV might just rebel!

Goos luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.