Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I am trying to do some massaging of some MPEG-2 files downloaded from the Internet Archive ( www.archive.org ) so I can load them into DVArchive and play them over my RTVs.

I'm using RTVToolkit on a Mac (running RTV ToolShell). I've successfully converted some small sized files and got them working. But I am having a problem with larger files in the 3 Gigabyte size. I keep getting this file size overlow error or something similar.

Is there a size limit to the file that can manipualted with the Tookit?

Thanks,

Jon

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by na9d
All,

Is there a size limit to the file that can manipualted with the Tookit?

Thanks,

Jon
I know of no limitations for RTVTools, as they process "on the fly" as the file is read.

If anything, it's a function of the hard drive parition format. I am no Mac user, but in PC land, file size becomes a big issue, which is why for large files NTFS must be used (over FAT32).

Your mileage may vary. Check the file size limits for the OS your Mac is running.

Are you running out of hard drive space perchance?

-Doug

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've no idea. I get the following error:

Source: /Users/jon/Desktop/his_girl_friday.mpeg

Target: /Users/jon/Movies/ForRTV/test22.mpg

Video overrun, unknown or bad audio mux: len=3146364

So is it a video problem or an audio problem?

My hard drive has nearly 200 Gig of space on it, so that's not the problem. And OS X doesn't have file size limits other than any that Unix would impose.

Jon

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by na9d
I've no idea. I get the following error:

Source: /Users/jon/Desktop/his_girl_friday.mpeg

Target: /Users/jon/Movies/ForRTV/test22.mpg

Video overrun, unknown or bad audio mux: len=3146364

So is it a video problem or an audio problem?

Jon
It could be an input problem. What type of mpeg is your source? MPEG-1? MPEG-2? MPEG-4? I don't know if the RTVTools will work with anything other than MPEG-2. You may have to recode your MPEG before using the RTVTools.

-Doug

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is an MPEG-2 file. So it should work.

I'm looking to find some sort of program that I can re-encode the video stream but compress it some more to reduce file size. So far everything I've found for the Mac is commercial. I haven't looked that hard nor have I tried importing it into one of my video editing programs and re-encoding it that way...

Jon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.