Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

All 4 of my existing hard drives and burners have already occupied the 4 IDE slots. A new IDE card installed gives an additional 4 IDE slots. However, RTVExplorer doesn't seem to be compatible with HDs on the IDE card.

Any way around it?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Quote:
RTVExplorer doesn't seem to be compatible with HDs on the IDE card.

Any way around it?
Get a USB drive adaptor.

:cool:

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxchng
Dear all,

All 4 of my existing hard drives and burners have already occupied the 4 IDE slots. A new IDE card installed gives an additional 4 IDE slots. However, RTVExplorer doesn't seem to be compatible with HDs on the IDE card.

Any way around it?
Move one of your drives over to the new IDE card and use the primary or secondary controller built into the motherboard. Or, get the code to RTVExplorer and modify it so it can see other controllers. Back before I picked up USB drive enclosure, I just unhooked my CD/DVD drives while performing the upgrade.

Wrench already mentioned the best method (or something close) which is buy a USB drive enclosure. I've done my last set of upgrades with this method and it worked great, no need to take the computer apart to do a drive upgrade.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Both wrench and ace987's suggestions will work but it would be just so much easier if RTVExplorer would recognize the drive from an IDE card. :(

Then, I don't have to swap the drives since I have already installed those IDE pull-out trays hooked up to the IDE card. It really defeats the purpose of these nice gadgets.

Anyway, I still like RTVExplorer a lot.

Thanks to Alex and others for making RTVExplorer ever better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.