AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 RTV 4500's on a LAN with 2 PCs (Win 90SE and XP). Before adding the XP PC I had installed DVarchive and could see all devices on the LAN from any other device. Since adding the XP box and installing DVarchive on it, the RTVs can't see either PC. From reading other threads, I think it must be a conflict between the two PCs, therefore I uninstalled the java scripting and DVarchive on the older PC. Unfortunately this did not solve the problem. Can anyone tell me how to remedy this conflict?

Thanks in advance.

John

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by inspiteofitall
I have 2 RTV 4500's on a LAN with 2 PCs (Win 90SE and XP). Before adding the XP PC I had installed DVarchive and could see all devices on the LAN from any other device. Since adding the XP box and installing DVarchive on it, the RTVs can't see either PC. From reading other threads, I think it must be a conflict between the two PCs, therefore I uninstalled the java scripting and DVarchive on the older PC. Unfortunately this did not solve the problem. Can anyone tell me how to remedy this conflict?

Thanks in advance.

John
Check to see if you have any firewalling enabled on the XP box. Also, make sure there is no web server running (though that would generally cause an error when DVArchive started). It's probably the firewall stuff though...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.