AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At least a few years ago my DVI input started to give me a pink picture. I have no problem with my HDMI input. I use a Radiance XD for signal processing and switching so I just started to use the HDMI input only.

I have an extended warranty until the end of the year. After an unbelievably horrible experience with Sony repair in Laredo, and being without my PJ for almost two months, I am loathe to send it in for repair. That said, if I lose my HDMI input then I'm toast.

I have tried various cables that work in my HDMI input into the DVI input with a DVI to HDMI adapter that I have always used with the PJ. Same problem with the DVI input. Do these adapters ever go bad? Since they are passive I haven't suspected that as a cause of my problem.

What can I do to troubleshoot/fix this issue besides a trip back to Laredo? Any guess as to the odds of my HDMI input going bad also?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Is your disc player able to select RGB video color space? DVI input only accepts RGB signals. In other words disc player(RGB) > Radiance color space set to (RGB) > Ruby set to video (RGB) = normal colors. I may be saying the obvious, but if input signal is YCbCr and you're using the DVI input, last time I checked many moons ago, the colors were funky if the color space didn't match.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts