AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys !

I have a Sony Ruby, a Lumagen HDQ and a Denon 3806.

I already have an HD-A1, which I want to replace by an HD-A2 or an HD-XA2.

The Lumagen HDQ implies that the player can output 1080i and the HDQ will send 1080p48 to the Ruby, so I don't care about having 1080p60 output on the player.

The Denon 3806 implies that I don't need analog outs.

I might as well add that I won't read ANY DVDs so I don't care about upscaling.

So... with this setup, will the PQ of the HD-XA2 be better than the PQ of the HD-A2 ?

Any reason why I would want to pay the extra bucks for the HD-XA2 ?

I thought about the 1080p24 feature (available maybe in March for the HD-XA2 only), but I assume that 1080p24 through the HDQ will give the same result as 1080i through the HDQ as the HDQ does a perfect job...

Thx !

·
Registered
840 Posts
IMHO, you'd rather go with HD-A2 or wait third gen players...

--Patrice

·
Registered
701 Posts
Judging from your current equipment another $500 for the XA2 is a drop in the bucket. The XA2 has a much better scaler for SD DVD's than the A2 but your Lumagen makes that kind of moot. The XA2 has a RS232 port so that might be of interest.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx guys !

Anyone else ?

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
you have it already figured out, all you need is the best 1080i you can get fed to the Lumagen, jury is still out on the PQ at 1080i between 1st and 2nd Gens

get a XA1
or a A2 if you must, you have no need for the XA2 unless you want Analog out's and faster speeds/ergonomics, you have a 3806 though so you don't need Analogs

I would go with the XA1 or 2nd a A2 if you want the newest and fastest, I wish I could get a A2 right now, not enough cash for the XA2 and I need analog outs

-Gary

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thx for the answer Gary.

I don't want the XA1, I just want to replace my A1 because it is too noisy, and the G2 players are really silent.

I think I'll get an A2, or well... an E1 actually

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.