AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Which do you value more? The ability to have all of your stations match up perfectly with the black borders of your frame, or the sharpness of 1:1 pixel mapping?

I turn off the overscan function on my Pearl because overscan softens the image. This means I have to deal with garbage around the edges of the picture on some stations, and it also means that not all of my stations match up perfectly with the frame.

·
Central Scrutinizer
8,487 Posts

Quote:
I turn off the overscan function on my Pearl because overscan softens the image. This means I have to deal with garbage around the edges of the picture on some stations, and it also means that not all of my stations match up perfectly with the frame.

Couldn't you just fix that problem with blanking? I don't have a Pearl (and thus no blanking feature), but it seems to me that you would just need to zoom the picture in so that it overshoots the borders of your screen a little and then use the blanking feature to cut off the garbage around the edges of the picture, once again framing the picture perfectly on the screen. It worked great on my CRT, but I've never had the opportunity to use blanking on a digital.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Using the Lumagen HDQ's "MASK" option one can easily dial out the garbage at the edges of the image per station. WNBC-DT is one station that has a distinct light colored line on the left edge of their signal and I mask that out with the HDQ.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.