AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is spooky. I was thinking this morning about this movie and when it would be hitting Blu-ray. Maybe I should start thinking about Indiana Jones and Star Wars.

http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Rudy_S...ray_Debut/3002

Hopefully Sony includes the isolated score from the DVD.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Best sports movie EVER.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey /forum/post/14190608

Huh? Thats only because there arent any good sports movies. hehehehehe.

C'mon, its pretty dorky and its been running ad nauseum on cable networks for a while so just in case you havent had enough, you can catch it on cable or something. This doesnt need to be on Blu-ray, not when there are many other more worth titles.

What?!?!?

By that logic it was stupid for them to release both Terminators and don't bother with Shawshank I've seen it before.
They might as well forget about Transformers as it has been running on HBO and Cinemax nonstop for the last two months. The reason it runs all the time is because people watch it. That is the same reason a studio would want to release it because people will buy it.

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDad /forum/post/14190583

Best sports movie EVER.

You obviously haven't seen Baseketball.

·
Registered
294 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_ME /forum/post/14190001

This is spooky. I was thinking this morning about this movie and when it would be hitting Blu-ray. Maybe I should start thinking about Indiana Jones and Star Wars.

http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Rudy_S...ray_Debut/3002

Hopefully Sony includes the isolated score from the DVD.

While you are at it, can you please think about Miracle? Thank you!!

·
Registered
372 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDad /forum/post/14190583

Best sports movie EVER.

Possibly best movie ever only because Vince Vaughn may have never collaborated with John Favreau if they hadn't met on the set of Rudy. Without Rudy, we would not have Swingers. And Roller Girl may not have gotten her start in Swingers. It's that whole six degrees of separation thing.

·
Registered
934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyd /forum/post/14193295

Possibly best movie ever only because Vince Vaughn may have never collaborated with John Favreau if they hadn't met on the set of Rudy. Without Rudy, we would not have Swingers. And Roller Girl may not have gotten her start in Swingers. It's that whole six degrees of separation thing.

Heather Graham was around LONG before Swingers - I even sat through License to Drive - starring the two Coreys - just to look at her. Now that's devotion.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I saw Rudy on HDnet a few months ago and wasn't really impressed with the quality. Hopefully they'll be using a new transfer.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkaroo /forum/post/14194591

I saw Rudy on HDnet a few months ago and wasn't really impressed with the quality. Hopefully they'll be using a new transfer.

I saw that too. It still blew away the DVD.

If the recent So I Married An Axe Murderer Blu-ray transfer is any indication, Rudy will look very nice. Granted, Axe Murderer's quality was average compared to top tier titles, but it still put the HDNet Movies broadcast to shame which itself outclassed the DVD.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkaroo /forum/post/14194591

Well MIB looked like crap on HD Cable. The Blu-ray is a HUGE improvement over that. I still have the grab on one of my HDD's somewhere... Have Faith

1 - 20 of 40 Posts