AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching France vs. Ireland via dish network. PQ is absolutely stunning. What a treat for Rugby fans. As a fan of both american football and rugby this reminds me of the first time I watched an NFL game in HD. I'm just sitting here with my jaw on the floor.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Did they insert their own commercials during each half or was it commercial free? I saw it briefly and they had the BBCA bug in the top right (on the SD ch) with a little advert below it. I was watching mainly on BBC One and it was great. Tomorrow is gonna be awesome, Italy vs England.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
commercial free during play

·
Registered
176 Posts
BBCA's broadcast was basically a live simulcast of the BBC1 feed, just with the BBCA logo in the upper right. About 2/3 of the time, there was either an ad for an upcoming BBCA show or a "diet Snapple" logo below the BBCA logo. No cutaways for commercials during the broadcast, even at halftime (diet Snappple was the sole advertiser for the 2-hour broadcast).

Unfortunately, BBCA is only showing one match per week. The first two Six Nations rugby matches are the first time I've watched BBCA in nearly two years (when they dropped comedies and dramas from the schedule to add more crap reality shows).

·
Registered
999 Posts
I wish Fios carried BBC America HD. Oh well. Widescreen SD will have to do. The first rugby matches I saw in HD were the 2007 RWC games sourced from TEN in Australia, who showed the whole tournament in HD. It sure was a treat, especially as a Springbok supporter.

The France vs Ireland match was a cracker. Try to catch the last 10 minutes of Scotland vs Wales as well, if you can.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustycruiser /forum/post/18129504

I wish Fios carried BBC America HD. Oh well. Widescreen SD will have to do. The first rugby matches I saw in HD were the 2007 RWC games sourced from TEN in Australia, who showed the whole tournament in HD. It sure was a treat, especially as a Springbok supporter.

The France vs Ireland match was a cracker. Try to catch the last 10 minutes of Scotland vs Wales as well, if you can.

BBC One showed highlights of that match, and boy was that a great one. It's on iPlayer I believe so I'll watch the full last 10 minutes when I get a chance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.