1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
682 Posts
That sounds like a good idea. PQ is awful so lets add another channel to make even worse. Maybe E* can put Bravo HD+ on when the Bingo Channel is not running.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I REALLY doubt that Bravo-HD would be added before they add Starz-HD and/or Cinemax-HD (that's all assuming that Charlie can squeeze a bit more bandwidth out of 110).

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
That quote seems more to me to be an employee trying to avoid the person's complaint by spewing some BS to get the topic off the problem! This is a typical ploy by CSR's as well!

·
Registered
28,047 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CycloneGT
I'd rather they hold out until TNT-HD is available.
Whaaaat? :confused: They need to add every HD channel as it becomes available for carriage. That means Bravo-HD, Cinemax-HD, Starz-HD, INHD, and the NFL Channel - right now! Then, when TNT-HD becomes available, add it at that time too.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Agreed

·
Registered
106 Posts
Every provider needs to adopt that policy. All HD...Instantly upon announcement of launch.

:)

·
Registered
28,047 Posts
I just got a letter from DISH yesterday about another rate hike; you guys probably got one as well - $3/mo on the A.E.P. Like a little sugar with caster oil, the rate increase would be a bit easier to take if they added these HD channels that are now available. If they have the bandwidth, add 'em now; if not, then move some stuff around or drop some of those ridiculous fringe SD channels that [virtually] no one watches or cares about.

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
Have you all looked up the Bravo HD+ schedule? They don't have squat! Really, I'm not kidding. Its a few West Wings, and some arts performances that we wouldn't watch. (I don't see much chatter on here abouts PBS's arts performances).

Save the bandwidth on Dish for a channels that at least have potential. BravoHD+ won't be worth a time, until the Olympics are shown.

·
Registered
28,047 Posts
Nevertheless, if it's in HD and it's available, it should be added to the "HD Leader"'s lineup. Besides, I look forward to watching the smartest show in recent TV history in HD (TWW)!

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Have you all looked up the Bravo HD+ schedule? They don't have squat! Really, I'm not kidding. Its a few West Wings, and some arts performances that we wouldn't watch. (I don't see much chatter on here abouts PBS's arts performances).

Save the bandwidth on Dish for a channels that at least have potential. BravoHD+ won't be worth a time, until the Olympics are shown.
I strongly disagree with you. I see a lot of programming on Bravo HD I'd love to see. I'd certainly rather have Bravo than another movie channel that will show the same movies available on other HD movie channels. There aren't enough arts oriented HD channels. Bravo would be a very welcome addition.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

I'd swap BravoHD+ for ESPN "HD" (what a joke) any day.

Also, the summer Olympics ain't that far away. I figure if there's talk about it happening "soon", then there's a slim chance it just might happen before August.

'fine by me if they put it on 61.5.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Talked to a source inside E* today. BravoHD is not being considered for carriage, however Dish is "working things out" to carry CinemaxHD and StarzHD.

·
Registered
42 Posts
LewisD-

Any non-premium HD content in the rumor pipe from E*? Of course we are all dying for new HD content- but Im not a subscriber to any of the movie packs. Any rumors or info you've heard?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by LewisD
Talked to a source inside E* today. BravoHD is not being considered for carriage, however Dish is "working things out" to carry CinemaxHD and StarzHD.
At least the programming on Bravo would be OAR. HD needs more networks like Discovery HD Theater, or HDNet that show really interesting HD original HD programming 24 hours a day.

I, for one, have no real desire for more HD movie channels. I'd prefer BravoHD.

Brian

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
I can confirm this, I have been told about Bravo HD a few times by a few Dish Network employees.

The big unanswered question is when we will see it. I would not expect it until Mid Spring if not later.

The reason for adding the channel is because of the Olympics, if it were not for the olympics I dont think we would see it that soon.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.